Take Back Your Life From Tech
How To Do A Digital Detox is an online digital detox course specifically designed to help you reset your relationship with tech, so you can have the healthy, happy, tech-life balance you’ve been waiting for.
This course was made for you, especially if you are:
- Endlessly scrolling through your phone, over and over again, with no real purpose
- Stuck in a cycle of chasing likes and comments on your social media posts
- Anxious about disconnecting from work, but still checking work email well after your work day is over
- Yearning for a proper break at the weekends. but still stuck to your screens
- Stressed out seeing everyone on Instagram leading idyllic lives, with happy partners, perfect children and cute puppies
After helping hundreds of people find their way through digital addiction to a more balanced way of life, at digital wellbeing movement Time To Log Off, we know how important it is. We've published two books, given hundreds of talks and produce a podcast on our relationship with tech. We've now created this course, because we believe in the power of logging off and the powerful impact it can have across all areas of our life.
With 6 weekly sessions, we’ll lay the foundations for a new way of living with tech!
How to do a Digital Detox walks you through exactly what you need to understand, know and do to regain control over your phone habits, and your life. We’ll be with you every step of the way, we'll be sharing the information, methods and practices which have helped us, and which we have used to help hundreds more through this journey.
What You’ll Get
- 4 x weeks of bespoke course content to give you the insights you need into why tech addiction happens, and how to beat it
- 13 x videos where Tanya Goodin, founder of digital wellbeing movement Time To Log Off, puts into context what you have learnt and motivates you on your journey towards a healthy relationship with tech
- 3 x downloadable PDFs (unique to this course) filled with easily digestible tips to help you succeed in your digital detox
- A 14 day 'tech rewiring' at the end of the course, to put all your learning into practical use
- 2 x quizzes at the beginning and end of the course to hep you gauge the degree of your addiction as you start, and measure how far you have come at the end
- Support along the way from the team at Time To Log Off, and of course, your other course mates
Here’s a sneak peek:
- Week 1
It’s where we begin. Tanya explains how the course is going to work and you start to learn about the impact of tech on our bodies as well as how Silicon Valley keeps us hooked!
This is where we start talking about how to implement 'tech rewiring' practices in our lives, with our top tip being setting boundaries. Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. They will be your friends in so many ways. We'll teach you how to build them.
Now we begin to talk about the nitty gritty: if you use an alarm on your phone to wake up how could you possibly do a detox? We debunk all of the excuses you have been using to avoid putting down your phone and help you come up with analogue alternatives to your digital problems.
Time to evaluate our relationships and our tech-life balance (workaholics beware!). We talk about how to take holidays without always being connected to the office, and how to have a relationship without being widowed by a phone - the secrets of a happy healthy life.
Weeks 5 and 6
Now that you have learnt the theory, it's time for a digital detox of your own. You will pick two practices we have suggested and, supported by us and your other course mates, you will go on a 14 day digital detox. You will then choose which digital detox practices you want to take into the rest of your life.
How does it work?
How To Do a Digital Detox is a self-paced video course, so you decide when to start and finish (except for in the digital detox itself - you need to take the full 14 days for that, or you won't make meaningful changes!). Once you enroll, you’ll be able to work through it at your own pace from your laptop, phone or tablet. You call the shots.
It’s time to stop waiting for your relationship with tech to change, and start taking action. So, what are you waiting for?
Tanya Goodin is the founder of digital wellbeing movement Time To Log Off. She is the author of two books on digital detox: OFF and Stop Staring At Screens and an international keynote speaker, at corporate events, in workplaces, and in schools. Goodin has also hosted hundreds in digital detox retreats around the world, helping people to switch off their devices and reconnect with their lives. She has created this course in order to reach as many people as possible to spread her message of the need for balance in our relationship with tech.